Are you a Fit for Western Utility?
Western Utility – a heavy industrial construction leader headquartered in the south suburbs of Chicago offering services throughout the Midwest – is always looking for good estimators, superintendents and project managers to add to our growing workforce of 200+ well-trained and dedicated employees.
We provide telecom, electric, pipeline, water and sewer construction and maintenance services throughout Illinois. Western offers full service, “end-to-end” installation and repair services throughout our service areas. Each of our company’s divisions – Telecom, Electric, Pipeline and Water & Sewer – offer 24/7 emergency response services that currently serve many universities, municipalities and top U.S. providers of telecom and data services.
As a diversified construction industry leader, we offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Safety, timeliness and an acute commitment to customer service are the drivers to our success. We are proud to consistently receive high marks from our clients and will not accept anything less. For projects large and small, Western is building for the future…today!
The Western Utility companies are Equal Employment Opportunity employers. And, while there may not be specific opportunities available at the moment, the companies are always interested in the following positions. Check out the details of each position below.
As a Project Manager with Western Utility, you will coordinate and oversee the execution of construction projects in the safest manner possible and in compliance with the client’s documents and quality requirements.
AS A PROJECT MANAGER, YOUR DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Interfacing with the client and representing Western Utility in all correspondence and meetings.
- Developing and maintaining a thorough understanding of all contract documents.
- Developing and/or analyzing preliminary project documentation.
- Organizing and planning the execution of the physical work.
- Developing the project schedule and directing its planning and execution.
- Communicating/coordinating the schedule and plan with subcontractors and vendors.
- Recognizing on-site activities which may impede project progress or jeopardize compliance to project/contract requirements.
- Preparing and submitting related informational documents to the client or other responsible parties and implement corrective measures.
- Maintaining strict control of the project budget for each work activity.
- Reporting monthly on the progress and current profitability of the project.
- Writing subcontracts and purchase orders for field generated purchases and contracts.
- Supervising the project activities of the on-site superintendents, craft and staff.
- Promoting goodwill with clients to facilitate construction activities and future repeat business.
- Minimum of five years of project management experience in the Underground Utility construction markets which include gas pipeline, underground electrical/civil, telecommunications and sewer/water.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering or relevant discipline preferred.
- Effective oral and written communication skills required and the ability to build and maintain strong client relationships required.
- Strong attention to detail, organization skills and the ability manage multiple, competing priorities.
- Software skills in Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel) required; estimating and scheduling software skills preferred.
- The ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be familiar with working in a unionized labor environment.